<blockquote>Don’t walk in-front of me, I may not follow, don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.</blockquote>
Integration Education is believed to be the first step for inclusion of the visually impaired persons into the mainstream society. Integrated education is of paramount importance for the inclusive growth of blind children. It aims at providing the similar educational environment and learning experiences to them that their sighted counterparts enjoy. This teaching model proposes visually impaired and sighted children to study and play together in a regular classroom. Integrated education brings the blind and the sighted children close to each other from an early age, making them aware of each other's unique needs, potentials and strengths, creating better understanding and acceptance. It plays a pivotal role in bringing them on the same platform. Today, a large number of government and private schools have opened their doors for children with special needs. NAB Delhi extends its prompt support to such mainstream schools where blind and low vision children study. It works to devise appropriate teaching techniques and learning environment for the success of visually impaired students. 280 blind students trained by NAB, are studying in mainstream schools like DPS, St. Mary’s, Mt. Carmel, Springdales, KendriyaSarvodayaVidalaya, Navyug and MCD schools.
- Nab provided highly trained resource teachers who work in tandem with the school teachers and other staff
- Resource teachers pay regular visit to these schools and provide useful guidance to mainstream schoo teachers in conducting educational and co-curricular activities
- Special coaching by Resource teachers in subjects like Science, Commerce, Geography, Geometry, etc. is also arranged
- NAB transcribes CBSE books in Braille and large print to make these books readable by blind students
- It also records these books in audio format making them more portable and accessible
Special equipment or learning tools for writing Braille, studying Mathematics and Geometry are available for students studying in Integrated Education programme. Some other equipment like tape recorders, Braille Watches, talking calculators, white canes, school bags, etc. are also made available to such children.
- Also, transport facilities and scholarships are also provided to the deserving students.
For all enquiries please write to us using contact us form.